Friday, February 5, 2010

Thirsty

This year, in our women's minisrty, the theme for 2010 is "Thirsty." Last night we had our "kick-off" to cast vision for the new year. Good food and good times together. My prayer is just this...that in some way I stirred down into those precious ladies hearts a thirst for more of God. That I stayed out of the way enough to let the Spirit speak to them.

Why do I always get home, sit down, take a breath, and begin to critique what I could have done better? Maybe it's normal, but I just want lives to be touched more deeply for Christ. Something the Lord has been showing me is times like last night are important to bring ladies together, but what's most important are the ladies themselves. I need to focus more on the individuals than the programs. My deepest desire is for women to come into a deeper awareness of God and His desires and dreams for their lives. The more we hunger and thirst for the living God, the more we seek Him and the more we seek after Him the more He pours into our lives and quenches our dehydrated souls.

I feel something stirring deep within me. Is it just for me or for others as well? I do know this, whatever He births in me will benefit others.

Lord, move in my life like I've never allowed You to before. Use me like I've never allowed you to before.

I'm ready...

No comments: